Monday, December 19, 2011

tis the season…

I am so glad all of our Christmas shopping is done, wrapped, and those that need to be mailed to PA (p.s. I still hate you) now in the hands of the post office. It’s a relief really. I hope this year I can enjoy the festivities of Christmas in it’s true meaning surrounded by family. Last year was a bad Christmas… the year before that was worse. I’m determined to turn over a new leaf and not make this a negative time of year although it’s hard… oh so hard. I would give my left arm (maybe not literally) to be at home again Christmas morning with my mom, dad, sis and bro opening presents together and having breakfast. Or to open our new pajamas and cruise around town looking at Christmas lights, laughing, talking, singing, and wondering where Santa was. UGH! The only thing that keeps me looking forward is knowing one day soon David and I will start our own tradition with our kids. I hope I can give our kids a wonderful childhood like I had, I worry about that… I think this is me going into mommy mode.

One of my favorite things about this time of year is cinnamon covered almonds. Thank you mall for being so busy my husband walked in, smelled the almonds, bought the almonds, and decided there was too many people for him and left… with the almonds.

almonds

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment