Thursday, December 15, 2011

Like my dog does…

Have you heard this song? It’s so funny, and there is meaning behind it at our house. Jax (our dog) loves David a lot and the feeling is mutual- disgusting really. I don’t like animals very much, not at all actually and never really have. Just when I started to kinda like Roxie (our old dog) she died, which reminded me when I don’t get attached to 4 legged mammals. Almost every day when David gets home Jax runs to the door, wags his tail, barks, jumps on David and licks his face half clean and yes I complain, but without fail Dave will say “why don’t you act like Jax when I get home?” or “I wish you were as excited to see me as he is.” It’s disturbing really. Today he asked me if I’d heard this song, I had not. So we looked it up on you tube and it fits us pretty well, except for the rude remarks about his sister.

 

A few of my favorite lines:

He don’t cost me nothing when he wants to go out.

He never says, “Why don’t you get off that couch?”

He never asks me “Where the hell have you been?”

He don’t play dead when I want to pet him.

When I come home I want you to just go crazy.

*I knew going into this marriage we would always have a dog… it was one of David’s few requirements and at the time I didn’t think it was a big deal but now… ugh! The thought of our nice new house having dog hair in every corner and the thought of a newborn having dog hair in her belly button ew! Seriously ew!

 

Maybe someday I’ll love him like our dog does…

No comments:

Post a Comment