Monday, November 7, 2011

No shave November…

Why didn’t I know about this sooner? I saw a few comments on Facebook about this glorious idea and wondered why I had never heard such thing. Are you familiar with it? Naturally, I googled it…to (somehow) support prostate cancer, men are going the month of November without shaving ANY part of their body hair. Apparently women felt left out (hey we support prostate issues too) so we decided join in and now it’s all in the fun of the sport. Only a week into it and people are already saying they don’t know how much longer they can stand it or if they can do it at all. I, for one could easily win this contest because it’s been months… or so since these legs have seen a razor. Anyone up for the challenge?

There is a few things I dread doing in life ex: getting the oil in my car changed, cutting my nails, and shaving my legs happens to be one of them as well- plus hubs always complains after I shave because my legs feel like a “cactus.” Easy does it, I don’t shave for a while… long while and he never says a word bonus I have soft, blond leg hair ha!

HairyLegsWI_681x456

I recently sent a picture that looks like the one above to my mom (long story short I was wearing capri’s and sitting in my car with my leg up when I noticed my legs were ridiculous) via text with the text “are you proud?” I thought she would laugh and have a funny comment back to me by all means my mother knows me when I got the reply “ew honey, no! I think it’s time to trim those down.”

Moral of the story: support prostate cancer and hide your razor until December 1st. And I’ll have an excuse to go another month… too bad it’s not summer when I don’t wear pants every day Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment