Friday, November 4, 2011

It’s a…

GIRL!! and I am stoked.

I may or may not have thought secretly we were going to have a little boy, and I may or may not have secretly deep down wanted a little girl (all those nieces of ours and the youngest one will probably not quite be a year old when ours is born, can you say hand me downs? yes please). Either way, it’s clearly a girl not by the cute little picture you see here. She was not wanting to participate in her first photo op, I like to think she’s already like her dad (he hates pictures). Stubborn like him too, the more the ultrasound tech pushed on my stomach the more she rolled the other way. So here is the best profile pic we could get…

IMG_NEW

She’s beautiful, trust me I know. And she’s perfect, trust me I know. And I love this little thing to pieces already, and unless you’re a mom you don’t understand- because clearly I wouldn’t have just last year. She likes to be down low and turned into my back that was her position of choice, makes since why my back is a jacked up hurting mess… ain’t no thang Smile When I made the comment I was glad she wasn’t sucking on her thumb she almost instantly put her hands up to her mouth, don’t do it child you are not too young for momma to beat you. Do you know I have two 7 year old nieces that still suck their thumb? Makes me angry, annoyed really if they were closer I’d cut those thumbs off… it’s true. (sigh, I wish they were closer) It was so cute when they were in my sis’s belly, and cute as babies too I thought, now whenever I see a kid sucking their thumb I cringe (ok, not really). Anyway… I’m glad we don’t have to paint our adorable pink room, but I would have been happy to if she were a boy just sayin. I am just happy, happy that we are expecting a child, happy that she is looking healthy, happy that I haven’t felt like death, happy that David has put up with my mood swings and cranky self, happy that I have a job where the girls are just as excited for this as I am, and so happy both of our families are close enough to get in on this excitement. This was without a doubt one of the happiest days of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment