Monday, November 14, 2011

5 day stay-cation…

Staycation is vacation time away from work, but where you don’t actually leave the city you just go about your business and get paid to do whatever you darn well please. Personally, it’s my favorite kind of vacation and one I got to enjoy just last week!

Thursday- I woke up early to accomplish ‘stuff’. Made some pumpkin cookies. I got to have lunch w/Sari and Red Robin… yum! I also indulged in some Orange Leaf and done some shopping.

Friday- I took David lunch, did a few errands and then I was able to spend most of the day with my Grandma, mom, and aunt Amy in Rexburg. We had lunch together and I took my baby book to share along with pictures and ultra sound video. It was amazing to hear from my grandma of the days when pregnancy was almost embarrassing and they would wear large clothes trying to hide the fact and no such thing as a gender check- no thank you! David spoiled me with Texas Roadhouse when I got home and we relaxed the night away.

Saturday- We were off to Logan/Preston Utah for a Spackman reunion/grandma’s 80th birthday party. Where we were able to spend the day with most of David’s family and even hit a cheese factory- how fun! The highlight of my day was grandma’s birthday cake, I can’t even tell you how long I’ve been wanting a piece of cake I just didn’t see any since in buying or making one for just a piece as David wouldn’t care to eat any. When we FINALLY got home Saturday night I was beat, I could almost feel a cold coming on and decided to bath and hit the sack early to knock this cold before it hit me full swing.

363360

Sunday- I didn’t wake up until after 10… :30 then I felt guilty so I made David breakfast in bed. I felt like I’d at least accomplished something for the day so I laid back down for a few hours. Finally I pulled myself out of bed, got ready for the day, did breakfast dishes, started some laundry, got all my vacuuming done (3 levels of house and 2 sets of stairs takes it’s toll on me). David and I went to browse Sportsman’s, he has his heart set on a new gun and stopped at Sonic for a blue coconut cream slush and mozz sticks before going to wash David’s truck at the new car wash off Panchari (it’s amazing, go there!). Sunday afternoon we had a birthday party to attend for little Miss Ahliya who is 3 today!

366

Monday- I was looking forward to getting “everything else” done today such as: finishing the laundry, changing our sheets, baking something delicious for a snack and something nutritious for dinner, going grocery shopping, paying bills, organizing baby room, and the list goes on. However I didn’t wake up yet again until past 10… in my defense I swear I only sleep good until mid night and then after 6 am. I feel sick so I called David for some sympathy and him to tell me it’s ok to stay in bed all day and he’d help me when he got home, which is exactly what he did. Dang it! So now I sit here listening to the wind blow like crazy knowing how cold it is outside but also knowing I have stuff that has to be done today because tomorrow it’s back to the grind. Wish me luck, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment