Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bed Rest…

As of yesterday I’m officially on bed rest until Afton Paige (yes that’s her name, no I’m not changing it again) gets here. I’m not sure what seems appealing about “bed rest” but everyone assumes it’s an exciting thing and I should be happy about it. I’m not however. I’m definitely following doctor’s orders because I know it’s not something to mess around with and I’ll do everything in my power to make this baby as healthy as possible. I’m not the type of person who can lay around all day. Okay, occasionally I’ve been known to not accomplish much but it seems like it’s far easier when it’s your idea rather than not an option. My blood pressure is extremely high but we’re passing all other tests as of now. Bed rest is just a precaution to ensure nothing else goes wrong because I’ve been told it can and in a hurry. So I’ll continue to go in weekly for check ups, ultrasound, and NST (non-stress test) and continue hoping the medication will control my blood pressure so I can carry this little wiggle worm full term.

Doctor seemed surprised when he mentioned the “bed rest” word and I began to cry. Apparently I’m a workaholic, not so much really but I like to do things on my terms and my body feels good enough to work at least a few days a week and lets be honest I don’t like being told what to do.

There’s my update. If you need me in the next few weeks I’ll be slowly making my way from my bed, to the couch, to a recliner. Reading Hunger Games, watching TV, facebook and blog stalking, and catching up on my baby magazines. Feel free to call me, text me, email me, and swing by a blue coconut cream slush and mozzarella sticks from Sonic anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment