Monday, February 6, 2012

#1 reason my husband is better than your husband…

Ok there is a lot of reasons but today the top reason is what he said before he left for work this morning, it went something like this. As he was tucking me into the sheets and rearranging my 7 (not an exaggeration) pillows just the way I like them he bent down kissed my cheek and said, “just relax today babe, I’ll help you with all the house work when I get home.” Amazing! That’s exactly what I needed to hear. Let me clarify, David doesn’t expect the house to be clean, shopping to be done, bills to be paid, and everything complete when he gets home but after 3 1/2 years of marriage he knows I spend my entire day off doing just that. He also knows that I’m beat physically, emotionally, and socially this pregnancy is finally taking a toll on me. It meant so much for him to say that and what makes it all even better is I know when he gets home he’ll help me do everything I ask and have on my honey-to-do list. As if that wasn’t good enough he called and invited to me up to have lunch with him! Do you know what I love more than lunch with my hubby on my day off? Nothing! Dave has been so good to me, better than I deserve to be treated seriously I’ve been a beast! I keep telling him one day I’ll be a better wife and hopefully after all these raging pregnancy hormones are out of me I can be just that. He is so good with kids, children love him and he always attracts them- everywhere we go! I’m excited and anxious to see what kind of a dad he’ll be with our baby girl.

a

(this is our friend Enrique’s little girl, Ahliya. We love her to death!)

While I’m tooting my own horn I’d also like to throw in I’ve been working 6 days a week this entire pregnancy equally 40+ hours/ week. And after last week those days are over until this baby is born. I’ve cried about it many times but truth is my body is exhausted and I’m burning myself out. I want to work right up until this little girl is born and I can’t wear myself out this early in the game. Everyone laughs when I tell them I’m cutting back to full time and 5 days a week. Apparently that’s what the ‘normal’ persons work week consists of… weird. I feel guilty scheduling my stylists 6 days a week and split shifts when I’m not doing it myself, I wasn’t raised to do anything half assed (excuse the language, I didn’t know how else to say it!) So there you have it. 7 weeks left is all we have and although I don’t feel ready, and I’m still not miserable enough for this pregnancy to be over I can’t wait to meet this little girl of ours. What a miracle, and I still don’t know what I did right to deserve this.

Just as a side note: I’m craving soda! Mountain Dew or Cherry Pepsi preferably. I’ve drank more soda in the last 7 months than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment