Saturday, September 19, 2009

Date night...

My work has been crazy busy. Back to school plus 2 girls short so I have been on work overhaul I worked every single day last week plus like 12 days in a row and as much as I love and value my job and hate to complain I decided I needed a Saturday off. They are too far and few between and it was my turn. Since I was off at 5 Friday, Dave and I decided we would have a date night which doesn't happen often enough either. I was so excited and it was definitely something to look forward too. So I told him you can choose where we go I knew I was safe because we like the same restaurants and although his movie choices aren't always my top favorites I always seem to enjoy them just fine. I had to work until almost 6 so the night got started late but we ended up at Garcia's where we shared our fav- pollo fundito, its the bomb and the only thing either of us really like there. After that we wanted ice cream but was too full and wanted to see a movie but was getting a little tired... it was almost 9:00 :) So we opt out of our prior plans, hit Hollywood Video for a rental made some popcorn and fell asleep before the movie even ended.

... are we already getting old??

What used to be an all night adventure with embracing "I don't want you to leave" hugs turns into sleeping until mid morning on the couch, backs toward each other and sound asleep!

**Just as a side note Dave also said something I thought was really sweet this weekend, "it's nice to have a partner that works just as hard as I do." and although I laughed and said "or a little harder" it meant a lot because those of you who know David knows he is a hard worker sun up until sun down most the time doesn't even have time for lunch. That was sweet :) Thanks babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment