Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Parenting 101...

Today I'm discouraged. It's strange to imagine how I felt 40 pounds ago on days like this. Sometimes I feel like I was more comfortable in my own skin weighing in the 170's. I felt less pressure, less stares at stop lights, less compliments, and I was fine without those things. I hate when people say to me "your husband probably can't keep his hands off you NOW" I get that one a lot. David has never been able to keep his hands off me from the moment we started dating, after the wedding, at 9 months pregnant, at 180 pounds, sweating like a pig on the elliptical, while I'm trying to sleep, or now in the 130's- that seems to be one of the few things in my life that hasn't changed. I appreciate that. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm proud he knows how awesome I am on the inside no matter what I look like he's never been ashamed to show me off. With that being said I knew I wanted to blog today, it's Friday AND my day off- BAM! But I don't want to talk about me anymore this blog is more than my journey so lets talk about our sweet daughter Afton and my parenting pitfalls.

I am an  uptight person. I'm a strict person. I never wanted my child to have a binkie, but as time would tell she was a sucker, I could nurse for hours on end and she would eat, spit up, and continue sucking. I thought she wasn't getting enough in her belly until her peditician said, "some children just like to suck." It's a comfort thing. She sleeps good. She eats good. She never had nipple confusion. She loves her "numi"

This is Afton the day we brought her home from the hospital (note the pacifier):

Download 2012-03-10_14-08-59_132.jpg (1848.5 KB)

This is her a few weeks old (note the pacifier):


Download 2012-03-23_12-17-45_341-1.jpg (20.3 KB)

This is Afton when she realized 2 will fit in her mouth at the same time:










No comments:

Post a Comment