Friday, August 15, 2014

Drama...

How many times have you heard it: People leaving jobs/school/a specific city/a relationship to avoid "drama?" I saw this quote on fb and had to share. Granted sometimes our life is dramatic and we have very little control over it but how YOU handle it is everything. I choose not to interact with these sorts of people, and avoid the situation because lets be honest I'm a woman and that means I'm dramatic enough- it's in my blood I'm not afraid to admit it. I stress over things I can not control, and not enough about the things I can. So be it friends. This weight loss journey has allowed me to see myself and the world in a different way. People can treat me the way they want and say what they please but how I react to it is my choice and no one can make me feel a certain way unless I allow it. Point being I don't allow those thoughts to sink in. Mind over matter- the mind is such a powerful thing. Trust me I tell myself daily I do NOT need chocolate, I want it sure but I don't need it then I have a 2 minute debate in my head of the pro's and con's or trying to make myself feel guilty so I don't indulge. Yesterday I gave in and had a snack size Hershey bar- chocolate has never tasted so good. I savored that moment.

I got off on a different subject rant- welcome to my brain! :) Speaking of chocolate we are officially headed camping now and I'm so thankful where there is no cell phone service there is also 0 calories in every food I eat. I'm looking most forward to peanut m & m's, cool ranch dortitos, and smarshmellows (smores minus the chocolate) BAM! :)


Photo: Drama doesn't just walk into your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment