Sunday, October 23, 2011

update minus the pictures…

Welcome back friends, it’s been awhile since I was on the blogging end of things and much has happened in the few months I’ve been gone… some things very exciting others not so much. So let’s review what’s changed and what hasn’t.

David and I bought a house. We are thrilled about this and finally are all moved in and it’s beginning to feel like home. I loved this house since the day we walked in to look at it because it felt like “home.” Weird I know but lots of houses we walked into just didn’t feel dare I say like us? or right? We found this house on the west side and the price was right… the rest is history. One day I’ll take a picture or 2 to prove this event really happened Smile

We are both still working at the same jobs and happy at that.

Okay let’s get down to the important stuff:

We are having a baby! Scary and true. David is excited and has been since day one, I’ve been scared since the morning we found out, but starting to get excited now. I’ve always felt this is the one thing in life I really can’t plan for, and I’m not good at taking chances and not planning every detail, especially one as huge as this! Looking back I’m so grateful we were able to get pregnant as quick and easy as we did, but I had convinced myself it wasn’t something that was going to come easy for us so you can imagine my shock the morning I peed on that stick. All the pregnancy signs were there but since I’ve never had a child or been around pregnant people much I just thought my headaches, getting up to pee a few times during the night (I never had to do this before, ever!), and weird sickly feelings were all due to my hormones trying to figure themselves out. It wasn’t until I went to wrap my towel around me one morning getting out of the shower that I literally couldn’t because my boobs were so tender (tmi… I know) that I stopped to think when my cycle was due. Then there were the mornings that I literally couldn’t drag myself out of bed I had zero energy and no food sounded appealing. I even remember the time, date, and place (I’ll spare you those details) David joking said “you’re probably pregnant” in which I replied “I hope so because I feel great!” I always thought I would be that horrific pregnant lady who laid in bed for 9 months because I was too miserable to do anything else, I thank my mom for babying me all those sickly years and never making me do anything I didn’t feel like.

Long story short I am just over 18 weeks along and doing well. Very well actually. I went through the tired, lazy, no energy, head ache stages and currently having some back pain and trouble getting comfortable while sleeping. But not once have I thrown up! Not once have I yelled and screamed at David asking him why he did this to me (not yet at least). I definitely don’t feel like myself or “normal” (whatever that is) but overall I feel good and so thankful that I do. Only 2 more weeks until we find out what this little stinker is and the anticipation is killing me. Did I mention we have an adorable pink room, that I’m in love with in our new house? Just our luck it will be a boy! Time will tell…

Now we have internet I will blog more and I will post pictures soon, my 18 week photo wasn’t that great but I swear my belly is growing more everyday and that 17 week photo doesn’t do us justice. I haven’t been telling my customers yet, but I got asked today by a regular if that was a baby bump I had… just 10 short minutes before that she asked if I had lost weight because my face seemed skinnier. At my 16 week appointment I’d lost 1 pound since my first weigh in. Last week my mom told me I better start telling people or they are going to assume I am just getting fat… ha so I guess it’s that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment