Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fb…

One of my friends on facebook wrote this as her status today…

“My mama warned me there would be days like this.”

I thought about this statement for a long time, a really long time because you know me and I think and re-think everything too much. On a side note you thought I looked too much into things before I was preggers, you should see me now. I’m 15 times worse!

This may be half the problem I’ve faced my entire life. My mom didn’t warn me of days like this, ever! I never remember my mom saying she had a “bad day” or “just needed a hot bath and a diet coke” like I do way too often. Why do I let a bad second, minute, or maybe even hour ruin my entire day or sometimes even week? My mom NEVER did so how did the world make me into this person I wasn’t raised to be.

In my moms defense: I’m not saying this is a bad thing and she didn’t prepare me for life but really most of the problems my mom (and my dad) had I never knew about. I never heard we couldn’t afford something (even if they couldn’t), or we couldn’t do something (within reason). Yes I was sheltered and I really thought it was the right way to be raised, until I was reading my journal and less than 1 month before my parents split up I wrote that I wanted David’s and I’s relationship to be JUST like my parents. Holy cow. I had no idea any of their issues. My mama didn’t warn me of bad days, and I love and curse her all at the same time for doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment