Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ebay.

As you can tell by the subject I have a confession... it’s a current addiction… and it involves spending entirely too much money on ebay! Honestly, it’s my husbands fault. No really. I was complaining one day about how none of my clothes fit and after a day of shopping I wasn’t desperate enough to spend the $40 they wanted for a pair of maternity jeans. (I don’t even spend that much on pants I could wear for years let alone ones I’ll only wear for the next 4 months)

So David said “why don’t you look on craigslist?”

I replied, “already tried that, not enough options.”

Then he said those brilliant words “what about ebay?”

It’s really no wonder I married this man, he’s a genius! Why didn’t I think of that?

I’ve got a few really good deals so far, we’re talking pants for $2/$3 ($5 for shipping, but still not bad) granted I haven’t received any of the items yet so hopefully they are in as good as condition as their description said.

But then it happened… okay it happened twice… so far… and I can’t guarantee it won’t happen again. Occasionally I forget just how competitive I am and when it comes down to the last few minutes I sit at my computer going back and forth on bids paying little to no attention to how high the price is going because at this point I’m winning no matter the cost. She bids $5.25, I bid $6.00, She bids $6.25, I bid $8.00, she bids $8.25, I bid $10.00… and before you know it I’m up in the thirty dollar price range (before shipping, ugh!) but I’ll be damned if I’m going to loose.

Welcome to my life, it’s a great place, a place where I win period. Feel sorry for my poor husband… so sorry you bring him pumpkin cupcakes, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment