Monday, January 24, 2011

V.K...

This was a well needed vacation... but aren't they all? I had 5 days of vacation time left and before I realized it I was in a "take it or loose it" by the end of January predicament. So what else was a girl suppose to do but take some time off? I thought about taking the hubs on a fun and even considered a slightly romantic week-end getaway but the reality and priority settled in and I remembered the annoying voice in the back of my head reminding me I realllly want to get some debt paid off/down. With gift cards from Christmas and a small amount of cash saved up we decided to have a weekend together at home.

Friday's itinerary:
-got my hair colored (darker... and am lovin it!)
-grocery shopping
-took myself to lunch
-took an hour long nap before David got off work :)
-went and saw the movie Fighter and ate way too much buttery popcorn

Saturday was a fairly relaxing day. We spent a little time in town shopping, and a suprise treat to Orange Leaf (bomb yogurt, go there...), poor David needed a haircut so bad although he didn't think it was too bad I have a slight obsession with his hair looking perfect... it's my job, I really didn't want to go into work and cut it, he refused to go to the competitors (yes, I was actually going to pay some girl to run her fingers through my husbands hair as he watched football, ridic I know) luckily we were in the right place at the right time and my friend had an opening to cut his hair and he IS the sharpest looking man in town with no thanks to me. Then it was home to organize and take yet another nap... I love naps! That night we went to dinner with some friends and back to their house to Wii the night away.

Sunday we slept in! I love sleeping in as much as I love naps and it rarely happens on the weekends because I usually work and leave Dave too early in the A.M. when he's still fast asleep! We went to Carino's and to the movie Dilemma then came home... no nap required yet. Hung out together watching football and before I know it 6:30 came and I was just waking up, awesome! We had dinner, cleaned our room, re arranged our living room, put up Valentine's decor and while organizing our DVDs I found our wedding disc- I don't think we've watched it since maybe a week after our big day! What a great way to put our busy lives back into perspective of what really matters, the one thing I remember sticking out is when the bishop was talking to us and said, "it's not just about you anymore." And something about the fact that every decision we make and choice we choose it will effect the other. Such simple words but definitely reality. That mid afternoon nap put a cramp on going to bed early so we both had a hard time sleeping but luckily David was the only one back to work today!

I am sitting here blogging after of course the blog stalking and facebooking is done, made some cookies this morning, had lunch with my dad, finished all the laundry and cleaning, gave myself a mini pedicure, did a small amount of exercising and looking forward to my daily shower. Just as a side note I wish I got paid to have days off like this more often.


It was such a great weekend with my hottie of a husband and I am so glad we got to spend some good quality time together... it was much needed and should happen more often. Pooey to working weekends but the bills aren't going to pay themselves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment