Monday, March 14, 2011

good news... bad news...

or is it bad news... good news. I like to start with bad news first so that way it ends in a happier way. David called me at work a week ago today (Monday) I was busy and someone took a message telling me to call him back... this is unusual he hardly ever calls me at work and the last time he did it was to tell me his dad was in an accident. I played over ideas that I thought might be reason for the call in my head but when I called him back I didn't expect this, "something is wrong with Roxie." I knew right away it wasn't a belly ache or he wouldn't have bothered calling me. I could tell in his voice it was terribly bad... we had to put her down :(
Needless to say we were a big ball of snot for a few days, she was definitely our baby! She slept with us at night, cuddled with us in the morning and the last few weeks started to sigh when we would ask her to do something she didn't feel necessary. She hated Lysol and would sneeze (sometimes I think even faking it) when we would spray it with her in the room. I would always tease David that she wasn't a cat because he would pick all 50 lbs of her up and carry her around or sit on his lap. David would call her "rot-see" and she would look at him annoyed like that's not my name. I was so upset when David brought her home, I am not an animal lover but I grew to love her. David said our next animal will be a gold fish ha ha! We sure miss our pound puppy :(

On a better note... we won the lottery and both bought new vehicles! Kidding on the lottery part but we did get new vehicles. These are both bigger and more comfortable for all our exciting plans to come, meaning we won't have to trade them in for at least 5 more years! Davids boss pointed out we both had silver cars, my nitro and his truck was black and these are both dark metallic blue... this was not planned... weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment