Monday, April 12, 2010

The perfect day off...

That day would be today. I didn't wake up until 9:00 which is usual on my days off but this is a list of things that made this day off extraordinary! First off I woke up to this sweet note on the fridge... which was well needed after a not so friendly night before :)

I got ready for the day and had just enough time to eat breakfast before I went to get my hair colored when Dave called and needed a few tools he brought home this week-end and forgot to take back to work, so I ran the tools to him and he came out with a cinnamon roll and a soda for me because I was complaining about not having time to eat... why is it when I complain, he is so nice and then I feel guilty? Needless to say I was a few minutes late for my appointment and still made it there before the girl who does my hair. Lindsey is her name and she is about 2 weeks away from having a little girl, yes I know I cut that one close but she did a fabulous job (as usual) A good hair day is always a good day!!

I then intended to take myself to Sonic for lunch but decided a Limeade was all I really needed today and home it was to finish all my chores including:

  • laundry (everything washed, dried, folded, and put away)
  • dishes
  • vacuum
  • sweep and mop kitchen floor
  • water house plants (my house is like a green house, love it!)
  • dust the entire house
  • organize the fridge

And I still had time for an hour nap :) I also made dinner for tomorrow night so all I have to do when I get home is cook it in the oven- I also love that!!

And I still had time to make cookies...

I love productive days off!!

*As a side note, my poor hubby worked from 8-5 at his regular job, and now is doing security with his friend for the Michael Bolton concert tonight from 5:30-?. No wonder I accomplished so much but that poor guy is going to be dragging tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. busy day... love the hair. i need to get blonde back in mine. i love your hair straight. have i mentioned that before? probably not.
    dont you love your kitchen aid? i love mine. we are bestest friends. (yeah i know thats not really a word) mine is PINK and hubby actually picked it out on his own cuz he knows i love pink ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment I don't think you've ever told me, I need to find your blog... send me the site please! I love my kitchen aid more than anything in the world I use it for EVERYTHING!!

    ReplyDelete