Monday, April 19, 2010

No cavities...

I left the dentist feeling like a million bucks this morning when they told me I didn't have any cavities and I wouldn't have to come back for another 6 months! Mind you, I am typically excited if I only have 4 cavities and get to do it in two office visits- I take care of my teeth I swear but I have what you call 'soft teeth' meaning I inherited bad teeth! Anyway, my excitement was shot down when I got in my car and my check engine light was on- the typical if it's not one thing it's another phrase crossed my mind because I was just thinking how much money we were going to save by not having an extra bill this go around. This engine light was strange to me because right before I went into the dentist I talked to my friend Sari and she said her check engine light was on and she didn't seem to concerned but with David being a mechanic I told her via text, "this is not something we take lightly." Ha ha, so I call David and told him my situation and he asked if I had got gas recently, I thought to myself it's not my gas light genius it's my ENGINE light, and I hadn't got gas lately so I just said no and he told me to run my car up there. In the meantime I called Sari and told her what he said and the whole gas story and she asked well what about gas because she had just got it... well I didn't know all I knew is I thought he was being unreasonable so I called him and he said sometimes if the gas lid isn't put on tight it will trip the check engine light. I thought for a split second to check my gas lid, and then I convinced myself not too because of course its on tight I always put it on until it clicks and I have not got gas for a long time so surely it would have come on before now. So I make the drive up to Rigby, he hooks my car up to a machine, tells me to remember a code, take the code and find it in a book and he looks at me and says... "did you check your gas cap?" I said, "no" with a smile :) then he said something about evaporation blah blah we walked out to my car he opened the place where you put gas in and sure enough it was off... and so was my check engine light :) Another lesson learned. He also said something about it expanding because of the warm weather so before you pay to take your car in when your check engine light comes on check your gas cap. Oh I am so thankful that's all it was!


I called Sari on my way home and told her the rest of the story and her gas cap was off too!! But her check engine light didn't go off, so hopefully all they have to do is reset it.

What a crazy morning!! Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment