Monday, February 22, 2010

Tax time...

So Dave and I got our taxes done... this is always a time I look forward to, getting a little extra money for a much needed vacation or to pay off a bill... or two. All of the previous things we planned on doing with this years taxes... we just bought a mattress and figured we could pay off that with the 'extra,' we have a trip planned to go to the Hill Climbs the end of March for our birthdays. Luckily, we weren't relying on this money at all because turns out-
WE HAVE TO PAY INTO TAXES!!!
Are you kidding me? We both claim single and 0 all year then file together so we should be getting at least a little back seems how they are taking 30% out of both of our paychecks!! Then the man proceeds to tell us we don't qualify for the earned tax credit or another bonus because we made over $43,378.49 (okay I made that # up) and we don't have any children!! Are you kidding me... because we are an honest hard working couple trying to invest, save, and be prepared and responsible before rushing into parenthood we are getting penalized. His next advice- buy a house! Oh yes, because we can afford a house payment... Grr... to the government and Obama for changing the tax bracket- I hate you all in Washington each and everyone of you equally!! Have a great night.


(and found the picture fitting)

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya!! I seams like those of us that actually work our butts off are the only ones that dont get a break! So frustrating hu? its crappy, but I am glad we are in the boat together... ;)

    ReplyDelete