Monday, August 10, 2009

1 year old...

We left around 11 Friday morning which put us in Ashton, Idaho at Frost Top just in time for lunch, that is a must do in my household when headed to Yellowstone. As we pulled in Dave looked over at me and said, "how does it feel to be a year old?" At first I looked at him like what in the world is he talking about then I realized what he meant- 'we' are a year old... weird I just kinda stared at him blankly and walked in the restaurant where we sat down and the waitress came up looked at me and said "you're cute" by this time I felt like I was on another planet and people were saying random things to me then she said "sorry it's just your necklace is cute." "Thanks" I replied. After this you'll be glad to know our week-end was normal- just got off to a weird start! Our lunch as usual was amazing but as I was pulling out I stalled my car and as David says "almost killed him" I'll have you know it wasn't even a close call and I haven't stalled my car in months- how embarrassing! Then not a mile up the road a huge ford truck was coming into my lane and in slow motion I said "is he coming into my lane?" Dave reached over honked the horn and flipped him off for seriously like 30 seconds it was the longest I have ever saw a bird fly :) so this was the second time in 5 minutes "we have almost died" he was being pretty dramatic. We made it safely to Yellowstone walked around, enjoyed the jacuzzi, ate dinner, done a little shopping and headed to the Footloose play at 8:30. It was such a good story and they do such a good job acting at the Playmill. We didn't get out of there until 11:00 but it was so worth it!

I made Dave take a picture with me in the pink hat :)


We even found a car show while waiting for our play to start this was my favorite one!

And they had these little "pouting dolls" everywhere I think they are so cute!

Dave w/ the chief

And me with cowboy Joe :)

Dave with the moose in our motel's lobby... picking its nose?

Me playing the piano like the piano playing fool I am!

I thought we may not get this picture at all Old Faithful was almost not faithful to us... we got to there about 12:30 and when we saw it was suppose to be going off about 1:19 (give or take 10 minutes) we thought we had it made just in time to get some lunch and head over there. After our $30 lunch in the cafeteria which I am not complaining because at least it was good we waited and waited... and waited finally at 1:40 I said if it doesn't go off in 5 minutes we are leaving... because I am impatient and the anticipation was killing me. Then it went off FINALLY! YAY!!We headed through Yellowstone Park into Teton Park and out to Jackson there was a lot off construction going on and luckily I had a good driver so I could take a little nap. It does no good to be impatient when trapped inside a car going 25-30 miles an hour and although I know that I don't know how not to tap my foot and stop breathing heavily. I woke up just in time to see the back side of the Teton's which was so pretty and go into Jackson. We had a lot of fun there we went to Ripley's believe it or not and we heard it wasn't very good but we had to find out for ourselves and we both really enjoyed it we ate at a Mexican restaurant right next door to Ripley's called Merry Piglet's or something... weird name but great food! Got some fudge, walked around and was home by 9:00. Just in time to unpack, go to bed and start real life again Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment