Monday, August 2, 2010

Bored...

The phrase "I am bored" holds a very special place in my heart... let me explain. Lately, so many people (friends/family/customers) have said this very phrase to me and I look at them in aww. I remember coming home from school begging my parents to let me do something... anything... with my friends of course because I was bored; without thought my mom would have a list of at least 20 things that could occupy my time before it was time for dinner and bed. With that being said since the age of probably 10 I learned to NEVER say I was bored and to ALWAYS find something to do before mom could sense I might be bored. Now days I hear people say that "board" word and automatically think to myself 1. of things they could be doing to keep there body or minds busy or 2. what I would give to be bored!!

A friend put on their facebook status today..."what should I do on my day off?" Really, people sit at their computers and think about these things? At least 3 or 4 days in advance to my day off I have my entire day planned from paying bills, shopping, laundry, cleaning, dusting, re-organizing, cooking, cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning and hopefully time to sneak in lunch with a friend at that pre thought of time.

What I would give to wake up one morning (without the sound of my alarm) and think... hum what should I do today? Or sit on the couch for over 30 minutes (without a million things going through my head that need done) and say... I AM BORED!!

And we don't even have kids yet, what is wrong with me? David says to me at least once a week calm down, it's okay, you're fine your life is really not that busy/hectic- but it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment