Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Sunday...

David and I woke up early (by early I mean after 7:30 and before 9:00) and got house work done, I love when he's home to help me and obviously that doesn't happen often because of our different work schedules, we then decided to take advantage of the nice weather and:
-went shooting targets, he got a new gun (A-15? maybe does that mean anything to you? Yeah, me either) I love to shoot his not so big and manly guns and he's a good shot... but so am I if I dare say so myself.
-we then had a picnic... in the living room with the windows and doors open because the wind started to pick up.
-I had a nap, David tinkered around outside
-we washed our vehicles
-finished laundry
-finally it was time for dinner at Gram's, she makes some bomb food and I always love when we are invited over there. We got more snuggle time in with our new niece Maeleigh and got to bring Elise and Gaby home for a sleep-over. (I'm all Wii'ed out)
I love my in-laws (yes all of you) and am so glad David and I can spend time with them as a family since I am still unsure of my own families priorities. You'd think after a year I would be getting used to this no mom/dad awkward holiday situation but I'm not... maybe after another year... or five :)

and no I have no pictures to prove that any of the above actually did happen.

p.s. I feel slightly guilty I didn't go to church on Easter Sunday with my dad... my intentions were good but dad wanted me to "sleep in" and it apparently took priority this year. No, I don't go to church weekly, as one client told me I am a C & E Mormon (Christmas and Easter) ha I think I'll grasp that concept better twice a year than none at all, right? Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment